The evolution of edge computing is rapidly changing the embedded development landscape. The days of purpose-built hardware with application-specific software are giving way to new, heterogeneous environments where virtualization and multiple operating systems are enabling the consolidation and modernization of applications. Now, what were once considered classic embedded designs, like command and control systems, can evolve and run alongside new applications with greater intelligence and dynamic functionality.
Wind River® Helix™ Virtualization Platform truly delivers the best of all worlds—a proven real-time operating system (RTOS), open source Linux, and virtualization. The platform utilizes the VxWorks® RTOS, Wind River Linux, and a hypervisor together as a foundation for mixed-criticality applications, opening the door for a variety of new use cases.
Time and Space Partitioning
- VxWorks with virtualization technology
- Safety-certified functionality
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) certification evidence
Multi-OS and Mixed Criticality
- Support for certification of safety-critical applications
- Ability to run applications on an RTOS, open source Linux, or other guest OSes
- One platform to serve diverse needs
- Ability to run VxWorks alongside Linux applications and frameworks for machine learning and computer vision
- Predictive maintenance
- Remote monitoring and assistance
- Intelligent control
- Medical devices and systems
- Machine learning
- Advanced robotics
Aerospace & Defense
- Airborne systems
- Integrated modular avionics (IMA)
- Flight control
- Graphic displays
- Connected cars
- Control systems
- Braking systems
- Electric cars
- In-cabin experience
Is Helix Platform right for you?
Ask us about our architectural evaluation; submit your name below to be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
The registration service is not available at this moment. Refresh the page and try again. If the registration form is not available try again later or contact the webmaster