Cockpit is a safe and secure, automotive-grade consolidation platform that provides a framework for building next-generation in-cabin experiences and seamlessly extending digital life into the connected vehicle. Building products using Cockpit reduces overall development costs, minimizes project risks, and shortens project timelines.
Flexible, Extensible, Scalable, and Updatable Platform
- Safe and secure, certification-ready, Type 1 automotive-grade hypervisor
- Support for mixed-critical workloads, including digital clusters, IVI, TCUs, and more
- Freedom of choice for underlying hardware while reusing IP blocks
- Support for nearly any customer-directed application and user interface
- Pre-integrated with Wind River Helix Edge Sync for end-to-end, over-the-air (OTA) update capabilities for software and firmware
Pre-integrated Reference Connectivity Solutions
- Integrated protocols for enabling communication between critical and noncritical vehicle systems
- Pre-integrated components such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, DLNA, media playback, and phone projection
- Enhanced connectivity for inside and outside the vehicle
- Pre-integrated with Edge Sync for custom implementations of vehicle-to-cloud applications
Secure Embedded and Cloud Development Environment
- Cloud-based toolchain enabling embedded device development on multiple sites worldwide
- Security enablement for embedded and cloud environments
- Comprehensive build systems and development tools
- Simulation tools that allow development to start before the actual hardware is available
Wind River Helix Cockpit
Get an overview of the features and capabilities delivered by Wind River Helix Cockpit.
CONNECTED VEHICLES JOURNAL
Open Source Accelerates Infotainment Innovation
Learn why auto OEMs need to get serious about open source software.
Creating the Next Generation Automotive Cockpit
Learn how Cockpit addresses the fundamental platform requirements for IVI.
Common Android Security Vulnerabilities in an Automotive Environment
Learn about potential Android vulnerabilities to prevent them from being exploited.
More from Wind River Automotive
Helix Chassis is a software framework for the connected and autonomous car.
Drive offers auto manufacturers and their Tier 1 suppliers an ISO 26262–certifiable software platform for pioneering advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle innovations.
Edge Sync is an intelligent over-the-air (OTA) software, firmware, and data management platform that enables auto manufacturers to maintain the integrity of embedded systems while reducing costs across the lifecycle of the connected vehicle.
Learn more about how Cockpit can help speed your development while ensuring highly secure and rigorously safe components and systems for the next generation of intelligent, connected vehicles.